Friday, April 18, 2014

Jack Frost Must Die




“Even Rocky has good days and bad days.” That’s what my physical therapist told me about training.  No matter how good of shape you are in, you are going to have some bad days.

I was about a miles out yesterday when my body pulled a “Nancy Reagan” and involuntarily demanded that I “Just say NO” to running. My planned 7 mile run turned into two miles of misery, as my legs were suddenly as heavy as logs and all I could think about was how much I hated this long winter. Maybe it was the 500 foot elevation climb that I tackled at 6AM. Perhaps it was the three inches of fresh fallen snow, or the 20 degree weather that mysteriously returned AFTER 2 glorious days of warm weather.

Whatever it was…I’m now convinced that we need to band together and kill Jack Frost. Or at least mount a campaign to chain him to a wall. I’m talking full-on football tackle.  Tell everyone! We need to give Heat Miser a chance to mount a come back, and regain a foothold. If you like my plan, please feel free to vent in the comments and let everyone know all the terrible things you would like to do to Jack Frost, because I can tell you with 100% certainty that your spouse doesn’t want to listen to you rant on about how long this winter has been. My spouse got earplugs ages ago. I can whine, moan, rant, and rave about the cold - and he doesn’t even respond! I think he is possibly deaf.

If we all band together, I sense good days ahead. And remember, if you are having one of those bad days, a good day is only one bad day away from your next good day.  So have a good day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not deaf, just hard of hearing!